And you thought I was random BEFORE...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

RIP

Wow. If the day gets any more eventful, I think I'll join Sean in his breakdown. I was at the gym this morning, biking away, and I look up on WBKO, and I see a missing person's report. But I know this person. It's Jay Hunter VanHooser, my little brother's friend from grade/middle school. He didn't go to school yesterday, and he didn't show up from work, and nobody knew where he was. The report said that he was suffering from depression and 'suicidal tendencies.' (Man - I hate that term.) Talk about a shock. I called Caleb when I got into the locker room, and Caleb didn't know anything about it. I said a small prayer, and quickly lost myself in work. Caleb called me in the middle of the day, terrifyingly upset. 'They' found Hunter, in a hotel room: he had shot himself.

How? How does a life get so bad, that the only way out is to die? How is there NO bright spot? Your parents divorce, your dad gets remarried, and the only solution...is to kill yourself?

God, be with the students at Greenwood as they remember Hunter, and be with his mother, father and Nick as they come to grips with this horror. God, watch his soul, and please have mercy upon this teenager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home