And you thought I was random BEFORE...

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Chicks Dig Scars

I would just like to say "OWWWW!!!" I went caving last Friday with some of the HFC crew, and I am bruised and scratched in places that aren't supposed to be! My knees look HORRIBLE and I have a nice scratch on my back that prevents me from leaning all the way back in my chair. But, oh, it was fun. At least the first few hours - the last hour I was just trying to make it back. I will admit, the fun went downhill when Alan left - but it was understandable. By the end of the 5 hour tour, I was soaked from the chest down, and covered in mud ALL over, INCLUDING my hair. I am still horridly sore, and my arms were already hurting on Friay night. We went down two waterfalls, and I got to see 4 bats and a cave-adapted crayfish. It was hard work, but the sights were beautiful. I was cold, but so happy. It was the good exhausted feeling. Alan and I DRAINED the hot water heated at the house. I think I steamed off most of the dirt, the water was so hot. But it felt soooooo good. I don't think I've ever slept harder than I did on friday night, either. I complain, and complain about the after-effects, but I know that I will be going back into the cave later on this summer. And I am SO looking forward to it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home