And you thought I was random BEFORE...

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Break-Up Song

Caleb had me listen to this band that he really likes - Hinder. They're pretty good, but all the songs are break-up songs. Good ones. Really good ones, but not ones that I can really jam to in this point in my life. However, I do enjoy some of the lyrics. Such as this gem entitled "Get Stoned."

Lets go home and get stoned/ We could end up makin love instead of misery / Go home and get stoned / Cause the sex is so much better when you're mad at me (And now the ENTER key isn't registering. Crap.) The rest of the album goes in a similar fashion. The vocal and musical quality is great, and the lyrics are great, just similar subjects. I do really love this line though in "Better Than Me."
I really miss your hair in my face / And the way your innocence tastes / And I think you should know this / You deserve much better than me. Oddly, it reminds me of someone. I'll close this post with this song/story that I've heard before, called "Lips of an Angel." Honey why are you calling me so late / It's kinda hard to talk right now / Honey why are you crying is everything okay / I gotta whisper cause I can't be too loud / Well, my girl's in the next room / Sometimes I wish she was you / I guess we never really moved on / It's really good to hear your voice saying my name / It sounds so sweet / Coming from the lips of an angel / Hearing those words it makes me weak / And I never wanna say goodbye / But girl you make it hard to be faithful / With the lips of an angel / It's funny that you're calling me tonight / And yes I've dreamt of you too / And does he know you're talking to me / Will it start a fight / No I don't think she has a clue / Well my girl's in the next room / Sometimes I wish she was you / I guess we never really moved on / It's really good to hear your voice saying my name / It sounds so sweet / Coming from the lips of an angel / Hearing those words it makes me weak / And I never wanna say goodbye / But girl you make it hard to be faithful / With the lips of an angel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home