And you thought I was random BEFORE...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

INXS

OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! Ok, now I'll get into the actual story. I just wanted to say that INXS was totally freaking awesome!!! I loved EVERY MINUTE of that concert!!!

Alan and I walked around downtown Nashville for about 30-45 min, which was really nice, and would've been more fun had I worn more comfortable shoes. Downtown Nashville is surprisingly...upscale, in a country sort of way. I had a lot of fun being down there. Prom was going on, so one saw all TYPES of attire. I'd almost say I'm glad to be out of that.

So we get to the Ryman (FINALLY) and into our seats, which are on the balcony, right on the aisle, on the left side of the stage, front row. Awesome spot - props go to Alan all the way. We sit down next to this couple, who we had never seen before in our lives. TOTALLY HIT IT OFF!!! Rachel and Nathan were awesome!!! 27 and 32, respectively, and we all acted like we were 16yr olds at a concert. It was so cool being with them.

The opening band - Dirtie Blonde - would've been MUCH better had the sound worked good, but it just opened up an opportunity for us to get to know Rachel and Nathan better.

Have mercy (;D) when JD Fortune waltzed his sexy ass out on stage, I thought Rachel and I were going to die. They opened with 'Suicide Blonde' and I did not stop dancing until the house lights came back on. All four of us danced, and sang and SCREAMED the whole night long. I think Alan and I made a few people behind us sick, but who the heck cares!!! It was an INXS concert!!! JD's body and voice just MOANED (heehee) sex, and the two bras that flew on stage (neither one were mine, but if I had a red one on, and a way to get it to him, I would've done the same) can attribute to that.


I was hanging on to Alan for half the concert, and we were singing in each other's ears/faces and dancing together, alone. I danced with Rachel, and we made the biggest scene! Such a scene in fact, that the lead guitarist/saxaphone player looked up at us 2 or 3 times. Seriously - looked up at us, and laughed once, when Rachel and I were being stupid.

Before I forget, here's the set list, borrowed from the Rockband.com forum:
Suicide Blonde
Devil's Party
Perfect Strangers
By My Side
Afterglow
Taste It
Original Sin
God's Top Ten
(Amazing Grace)
Elegantly Wasted
Hungry
Never Let You Go
Need You Tonight
What You Need
Kick
Pretty Vegas

Encore:
New Sensation
Never Tear Us Apart
Hot Girls
Don't Change

'Mistify Me' is in there somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I loved every song that came out of those amps. The entire concert was totally awesome - minus the VERY drunk lady that kept walking by us. I thought Rachel was going to push her over out of sheer meanness - although it would've been freaking hilarious!!!

The best part is yet to be told: Rachel and I (when I say 'Rachel and I' I mean 'all four of us' - Rachel and I were just the most obnoxious) were standing really close to the rail, and everytime one of the band memembers would look in our direction, we would scream. We got Kurt's attention a few times, as I already told. BUT - we got JD to look at us, MORE than once. Like, four times. Once, when he was on our end of the stage, he looked up and SMILED at us. I felt myself melt - I think I might've had a music orgasm. Just thinking of his smile turns me into a hopeless groupie. I about yanked Alan's arm off at that point. (He got quite possesive/physical during the concert :D)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home