And you thought I was random BEFORE...

Monday, May 01, 2006

1 John 3&4

Dr Joseph Trafton is an amazing professor. I feel like I'm watching a play, or an interp piece in speech instead of sitting in a 75 student lecture hall. He has this way of making what we're learning ABSORB without me knowing it. I laughed so many times this morning, and I didn't even realize it.

He covered the books of John this morning, and I realized something as he was talking. There are two big books in the Bible on Love: 1 Corinthians 13, and 1 John 3 and 4. Love is a many splendid thing, as the song says, but 1 John clearly defines what love IS.

Love is a sacrafice. It means putting the other above you. It's a continual round of sacrafices. God's sacrafice of his son being, of course, the greatest example. But love between anyone, is a sacrafice. Some you enjoy making, some you don't even realize you make, and some that you make with an effort.

It's not a bad thing, but it answers the question of "What is love?" It is simply - a sacrafice.

(Yeah, random - but that's the title of the blog, baby!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home