And you thought I was random BEFORE...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Niche

Relationships are all about falling into a comfortable routine. With Josh and I, we've settled into a "call when you can, I'll see you when you're in town." With Sean, we talk every/other day online or at least call or text message. With Claire, our relationship is down to a quick phone call or voice message when we can shoot one off, and a huge bonanza when she's in town. With Alan, it's now settled (ha - settled) into a 'routine' of "we see each other every day." It's actually quite awesome. Today was a great example of it. (Yes, I know I should be studying, but my mind is totally elsewhere.) He picked me up for church this morning (as he has done for the past...weeks) and then after bible study, we went to his parents for Sunday lunch. It's so...comfortable. I love it! I can talk to Terri and Duane like they're my own family. Duane, Alan and I walked around the back acre or so of the property, and I listened to them trade stories of go-karting, baseball, and haunted trails that commenced on the property. After lunch, Alan went through his parent's record (yes, RECORD) collection, and we all laughed at what they had collected. It just seems to fit so nicely. Alan and I are close friends that happen to be in love. And that's the best relationship to have. With him, and his parents, and his roommates, it doesn't feel like I'm 'the girlfriend' to be scrutinized and observed. I'm another 'friend' that's included because Alan includes me. That's a really...cool feeling.

If anyone is thinking that this is totally dorky and a waste of their time to read, and is doing nothing but making them sick: what the fell are you doing ready my blog page anyways??? Don't you have something ELSE to do? :)

And I'm totally finding it hilarious/awesome that Alan and I are so much alike. 5 minutes and here comes the next mood swing! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home